What is the Average Settlement for Whiplash in a Georgia Car Accident?
Whiplash is a very common injury many people suffer in a car accident. These injuries occur when your head and neck suddenly move back and forth after a car collision. This violent movement results in muscle and soft tissue injuries of the neck. Most whiplash injuries occur after a rear-end car accident. The signs that you have whiplash could show immediately after the accident or days later. Signs to look out for a whiplash injury include:
- Stiffness and pain around the neck, shoulders and upper back
- Headaches and dizziness
- Burning sensation of the neck or shoulders
- Fatigue, memory loss, disturbed sleep, and difficulty in concentration may occur in severe whiplash injuries. Whiplash injuries take a few days to heal in a minor case. If it is severe, it could take 2-3 months. Whiplash will cause pain, discomfort or immobility which can affect how you do your daily tasks.
If you get a whiplash injury after a Georgia car accident, you should seek treatment immediately. You should also get an Atlanta car accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you have entitlement to.
What Compensation Are You Entitled to For Whiplash Injuries?
The total payout for these injuries varies because every case is different. However, the more serious your whiplash injury the more compensation you should expect. On average the compensation awarded could be anything between $2,500 and $10,000 for mild to moderate cases. A more severe case could mean seeing a physiotherapist for months. Because of this compensation could go up to $30,000. For neck injuries which are beyond soft tissue damage, verdicts or settlement could exceed $100,000. You should note that these injuries don’t usually attract a huge settlement. If your Georgia car accident lawyer says you could get millions, they may not be telling you the truth. You can seek compensation for initial and future medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering and property damage.
How Can an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Help with Your Whiplash Settlement?
Whiplash injuries are difficult to prove. Like other soft tissue injuries, they don’t show on X-rays, MRIs or other diagnostic tests. Because of this, many victims who experience whiplash are often accused of faking or exaggerating the injuries. That is why you need a car accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA. They will help you prove to the insurance company that your claim is legitimate.
How Will a Car Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA Prove the Severity of Your Whiplash Injury?
The more evidence you have, the better your chances of getting a settlement. An Atlanta car accident lawyer will tell you this. Several things can hold the key to winning your case including:
- Medical documents – After your Georgia car accident, it is important that you seek treatment. Doing so will ensure you have a medical report on your injuries. The report will show that you have a diagnosis of whiplash and have treatment for the injury. You want to keep any documentation relating to your treatment. Doctor’s notes, prescriptions, appointments, and records of recommended further treatment will help with your claim. They will show the insurer or court the consistent treatment sought after the accident.
- Expert testimony – The opinion of a medical expert relating to your injury is highly valued. The insurance company is likely to take your injury claims seriously if they are corroborated by a credible expert. Your car accident lawyer can bring in one to help with your claim.
- Injury journal – After the accident, it is best to keep a journal on your injuries. At least twice a day, write about your pain levels and treatment given. Also, indicate how injuries are limiting your ability to conduct your normal duties. This journal can be used to show the extent of your injuries and the validity of your injury claims.
Contact the Bethune Law Firm in Atlanta, GA for Free Consultation
Collecting damages for a whiplash injury is not easy. You, therefore, need an Atlanta car accident lawyer to deal with the complexities of the case. An attorney will fight allegations that your injuries are fake or exaggerated and get you what you deserve as compensation.
Talk to Georgia car accident lawyer at Bethune Law Firm. You will learn more about whiplash compensation and your attorney will determine if you have a valid claim. If you pursue a personal injury claim alone, you may not file a viable claim against the parties at fault. You might not have preparation for negotiation to settle the claim. Let us act on your behalf. We will do all we can you to get you compensation which will make recovery easier.